Saturday, December 22, 2007

If You Like Wine.....



There is a fantastic wine bar here in San Diego, the Wine Cabana. It's not new, it's been open for over a year. Located about fifteen minutes from my house in Old Town (OK, everything is fifteen minutes away from Clairemont), it still took me all this time to finally check it out.

My friend Keith poured his heart and soul into this place and I think everyone will agree that his hard work was well worth his efforts. He has created a warm, comfortable and relaxing atmosphere for wine lovers. I loved the outdoor patio that was lit with candles, space heaters and along the sides are actual cabanas, really cool. The island oasis theme continues throughout the interior featuring a beautiful bar, more cabanas, and you must visit the restroom even if only to see the incredible mural painting. Keith did not miss a single detail. Every inch was carefully thought out and designed to perfection.

It happened to be Keith's birthday the night I got down there, so his staff threw him a little party and provided a scrumptious Hawaiian buffet and cake for the guests. They do have an impressive light food menu that I will have to sample the next time I visit. The wine list is impressive, and they offer tastings and classes and some pretty fun theme nights.

I will definitely make an effort to get down there more often. I also really enjoyed seeing Old Town all decorated for the holidays, it is pretty festive throughout the year and a must see for visitors from out of town.

No comments: