Friday, November 20, 2009

RK Cafe Sushi


Avid sushi lover that I am, I am always in search of the BEST sushi restaurant in town.

We recently ended up at RK Cafe Sushi in Hillcrest because Sushi Deli was as usual, too crowded. We were promptly seated but we must have gotten there right in time because there was soon a line forming.

We took advantage of the beer and saki specials, and then ordered edemame which was a little on the dry side, but still served it's purpose. I really loved the spicy tuna salad, it was REALLY spicy, and the ginger dressing worked nicely with it.

We also ordered tuna sashimi which was fresh and tasty. Next was the Washington roll, not my favorite but it was OK. We still wanted just a little bit more and ordered something from the specials board and it turned out to be my favorite roll.

The service was great, prompt but not rushed, attentive but not hovering. I liked the prices and the menu. It did get a little crowded, it isn't a large place, but it is still comfortable. We will for sure go back again!

No comments: