Friday, February 15, 2008

Panic in New York!


I was up at the crack of dawn this morning to order my tickets for the Widespread Panic shows April 4th & 5th in New York, and I am happy to report I was successfull!

I was pleasantly surprised to have scored orchestra seats for the first night, and upper lodge for the second night. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. The maximum capacity at the United Palace Theater is 3,293, and from what I have read, the acoustics are pretty good.

I was a little conflicted when I heard that Ratdog is also playing in NY April 3, 4 & 5th. I tried to figure out a way to see them both, but it just won't work. For some reason they are only touring the East coast this Spring, but it looks like they will be in California in July for the High Sierra Festival, I hope to catch them there.

Not only will I be seeing my favorite band, but I will also get to hang out with my concert soulmate Tom. I haven't seen him since October when he moved back to NY. It will be a good time. I just wish I had more time to hang out, there is so much to see and do in my second favorite city.

Doesn't this look like fun? I can't wait!

No comments: