Sunday, August 3, 2008

Best Friends

Good friends are hard to come by. Friends for over thirty years are priceless, and cherished.

Michelle and her awesome husband Lee were in town this weekend to attend her 20 year high school reunion. I met up with them and Michelle’s family at The Fish Market for cocktails and dinner on Friday night.

We met in 1975, I think. We lived on the same street and started kindergarten together. We did everything together, inseparable for years, then, my family moved away to the country.

We would alternate weekends at each others house, and stayed close till our early teens. Then we kind of went different directions in life. I still don’t know where I went, but Michelle ended up moving to Alaska of all places, for a volleyball scholarship. She later married Lee and they moved to Eugene Oregon, where they are quite happy.

Sometimes we go six months before we connect and catch up, but we always do. And when we finally get together, we talk and laugh non-stop for hours, reliving old times and discussing the future, it seems like we have never been apart. It’s also fun to see her family, (who I see more often than I see Michelle), great people and I am blessed to have them all in my life.

Dinner with Pledgers 8-1-08

No comments: