Monday, March 9, 2009

Soltan Banoo


As I make my way around my new neighborhood, I am discovering some new and delightful places! Last weekend we had a fabulous dinner with friends John and Phoebe at Soltan Banoo in University Heights.

Soltan Banoo is a charming restaurant (formerly Cafe Caspian) warmly decorated with eclectic Persian flair. I can't wait to sit out on the deck when it warms up a little this summer. The pillows, textures and soft lighting all add to the cozy ambiance. For sure a good "date place".

As much as I love to try new things, my favorite Persian dish is the zereshk polo and that is what I ordered again. I was not disappointed. The chicken was tender, the basmati rice was perfect and combined with just the right amount of sweetness from the cranberries, it could not have been better.

The service was equally impressive. Patrons are greeted as if you were being invited into their home, and they were attentive and friendly throughout the meal. Note this, if you bring your own tupperware for your leftovers, you can enter a drawing once a month for a free meal! Is that an awesome idea or what?

No comments: