Friday, May 15, 2009

Doves @ HOB

I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the Doves concert at House of Blues last night. It was the first time I have seen the English trio although I have been listening to them for years.

The guys are touring the states to promote their new album Kingdom of Rust . Doves, (not to be mistaken with "The Doves" - completely different band), are normally a trio including brothers Jez and Andy Williams and Jimi Goodwin. On this tour they are joined by a keyboardist which I thought complemented their sound nicely.

Still not a big fan of the House of Blues as a venue, but I have to admit this time I didn't get too perturbed by the staff and the sound was good. My only complaint are those people that go to shows that are more interested in socializing than paying attention to the band, bugs big time. And they are usually chatty girls with huge purses that constantly bump into me....OK, I will stop now......

And now we are off to the Doheny Blues Festival in Dana Point for the weekend, sure to be another excellent musical adventure! Check back later for the details....

1 comment:

San Diego Events said...

I've seen them once too. Pretty good I think.