Monday, June 1, 2009

Tiffany's Kick Ass Chinese Chicken Salad


Maybe it's because I am preparing myself to be on my own for a week while Mark is camping with his brother in Zion, but I have been in the kitchen lately. Those who know me know that I pretty much avoid the kitchen at all costs. Mark does an excellent job of taking care of all cooking activities. Yes, I am spoiled.

We had a couple of left over barbecued chicken breasts, and I had seen a recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad somewhere weeks ago, so it has been on my mind. Of course today, I could not find that recipe anywhere, so I just made up my own, and it turned out fantastic!

All amounts are approximate

Mix together;

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups shredded cabbage
3 stocks celery, chopped
1 cup broccoli tops
1/2 cup cilantro
1/4 cup onion (I used green)
1/2 red bell pepper, diced

~Dressing~

In a separate bowl, mix together

1/2 cup rice vinegar
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh ginger
2 tsp. horseradish
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste

Mix dressing with all chopped ingredients, cover and refrigerate overnight. I didn't have any on hand, but I thought some sliced almonds would be good too.

I will be taking this to work for lunch several times this week, it's easy!

No comments: