Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Favorite Neighborhood Restaurants

Can you believe that I have lived in the same apartment for seven years? It might be because I pay a lot less rent for my spacious two-bedroom apartment than most people do for a one-bedroom apartment in San Diego. It may also have something to do with the fact that I have some of San Diego’s BEST restaurants within a mile of home.

There are so many places, and believe me, I think I have hit them all, but I narrowed it down to my favorites. Should you find yourself in Clairemont and looking for a place to eat, trust me, you will want to try one of these places.

Best Steak House - The Butcher Shop 5255 Kearny Villa Rd.
Nice casual yet elegant steak house with good service. I went there for my birthday dinner last weekend, excellent prime rib.

Best Italian/Pizza (pick-up or delivery) - Sorrentino’s 4726 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
They don’t really have much of a dining area, but if you want to pick up on the way home from work, they have the best thin crust pizza and their sauce is to die for. Try the summer pizza, it’s topped with broccoli and walnuts.

Best Japanese – Tajima 4681 Convoy St.
Not a sushi restaurant, but some of the freshest seafood and sashimi. The menu changes daily but if you get lucky and the sea bass is on the menu, get it, you won’t be disappointed.

Best Mexican Food (fast food) - El Cotixan 4676 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
Open almost all of the time and ready to satisfy any quesadilla/carne asada craving on the cheap. They advertise “healthy Mexican food”, yeah right!

Best Chinese - Panda Country 4455 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
Love this place. I have never been disappointed. You can count on the good food and fast and friendly service every time.

Best Diner – Studio Diner 4701 Ruffin Rd.
I finally checked this place out a few weeks ago, really good classic diner food and a fun and interesting atmosphere. I had one of the best roast beef sandwiches of my life, and their fries were good too.

Best Thai Food - Di Chan Thai Restaurant 5535 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
I like this cozy little place. It's always busy but I've always had good service. Their curry dishes are yummy and their glazed salmon is outstanding.

Enjoy!

No comments: