Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy 4/20!

It's April 20th, 2008. For many people it is an ordinary day, and many others commemorate "4/20" by smoking large quantities of pot. I had to run some errands this morning, I was kinda surprised to see 2 different people wearing t-shirts that had some correlation with marijuana. It's a real and celebrated holiday to some people, cracks me up.

This day is also being used to recognize Earth Day, which is officially on April 22. There's all kinds of events going on around town, and it's cool to see so many people doing their part to "go green" in various ways.

I did start an on-going green effort today, I finally bought some of those re-usable mesh grocery bags. It's not like a huge sacrifice or anything, and I hate all those damn plastic bags that seem to multiple in my storage cupboard. Now I just have to remember to bring them to the store with me.

No comments: