Saturday, August 29, 2009

Street Scene 09



I've lost count of how many Street Scenes I have been to, at least 9, but I always have fun! Here's this years lineup....



Although it is impossible to see all of the bands that I want to see, I feel I get my moneys worth at Street Scene, this year was no exception.



I'm so glad they are sticking with the downtown location. It showcases many of San Diego's finest historic charms and classic landscapes.



We saw Davandra Banhart, Holy Fuck, Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band with special surprise guest Jenny Lewis, a big treat for Mark.









And then there was a blur of stages and masses of people and I remember seeing Band of Horses, dancing to Cake and finally saw Modest Mouse, I wanted to see them forever. Apparently so did a lot of other people, that was the most people I have ever seen at any Street Scene stage, ever.





And then, before I turned into a pumpkin, it was time to head home. I didn't make it to Cage the Elephant, but there is always next year....

No comments: