Tuesday, December 22, 2009

BIG Announcement!

It's official, Mark and I are officially engaged to be married!!!

Mark and I first  met on a street corner in Little Italy, San Diego in August 2008. It's a long story, but if it weren't for my cousin Krista, her friend Shannon, Slow Travel and Radiohead, we probably never would have met.




He was so nervous, not because he worried I wouldn't accept his proposal, but he wanted it to be special.

The final destination, after several "tease locations", (yes, I was anticipating his proposal), was the Zoro Garden in Balboa Park.




If you are not familiar with the Zoro Garden, it is a secluded area that was originally designed as a nudist retreat back in the 1930's. These days, it is a beautiful grotto garden lined with plants and trees that create a habitat essential for the life cycle of butterflies.

I couldn't have imagined anything more sweet or more beautiful. Mark on his knee, the garden, the butterflies, the insanely gorgeous December day in San Diego. There were a lot of emotions and a lot of tears, and of course I said yes!

Marks gravel encrusted knee!

Check back later to find out all about my non-traditional but incredibly awesome engagement ring!

No comments: