Sunday, January 13, 2008

Go Chargers!


I’ve tried really hard NOT to brag about football this year, but sorry, I just HAVE to do it, my Chargers are kicking some serious butt! Along with the rest of San Diego, I was ecstatic to watch the Chargers take out the Colts today. As a team, I think they have really matured and they are actually playing as a team. I’m so proud!

Not only did my team win, but I managed to win the football pool AGAIN! During the regular season I won three individual weeks, I took first place overall, and now this playoff week win, puts me at over $550 for the season. Not too shabby for a girl, eh?

Of course the boys in the pool don’t like being beat by a girl, so there have been threats about kicking me out. I tried to ease their pain by buying lunch for the gang at Wooley’s yesterday, and I may have earned some points, until I won again today. I don’t think they are going to like it. I may be looking for a new pool to play in next year.

The way I look at it, I have been a loyal player (and payer) in this pool for 9 years, so I was due. Just like the Chargers, we were both long overdue for a super season. I am going to stay optimistic about the game against New England next week, if I can win the pool 4 times, surely the Chargers can beat the Patriots, right?

No comments: