Friday, January 4, 2008

Shrimp Soup

I have been sick. Like really sick and miserable and it's going on the fourth week, (doctor apt. on Monday). I will spare you all the details, but my point is, what do we all crave when we are sick? Soup, of course.

I swore I would not make my blog a "food blog" because everyone that knows me knows I don't "cook", and it's the last thing I should be talking about. But every now and then I get a craving and I can manage my way around the kitchen, and sometimes I surprise myself.

I owe this one to my cousin Vickie. She and her beau Ed prepared this on Christmas Eve and they got the idea from their favorite Mexican restaurant, (I think she said Marrietta's in Santee). I am not known for following rules, instructions or recipes, but this is what I ended up throwing in the pot;

1 49 oz. can of chicken broth (low sodium)
3 carrots, sliced
some scallions
1 not quite ripe avocado
cilantro
lime juice
about 20 medium sized shrimp (throw in last)
hot picante sauce (I use Tapatio on everything)

It was really easy and only took about 20-30 minutes. It did help clear my clogged sinuses, that was my goal, and I will have several more bowls throughout the weekend. Thanks Vickie and Ed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Tell Vickie I said "thanks". I can't wait to make this soup. Take care of yourself Tiffany.....

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.