Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bombay Coast

I have always considered myself fairly daring and experimental about trying new foods, but for some reason I had not yet tried Indian food, until recently.

Bombay Coast is a great little quick and casual Indian restaurant located in the Clairemont Towne Square next to the theater. You order your food at the counter and you can sit in the small dining area or out on the patio sidewalk and they bring your order to your table.

Since I had no idea what to order, I invited my friend Leif who is well taught in the customs, culture and etiquette of Indian food consumption. Between Leif, the very friendly staff, and some samples, we settled on the chicken vindaloo and a lamb curry dish. Paired with some Indian beer and plenty of naan, it was the perfect amount of food.


(this is not an actual picture of my meal, I found it on the web, but it looked similar!)

I instantly fell in love with the flavors. The chicken vindaloo melted in my mouth and was just the right amount of spice. The lamb was also very tender and the sour curry sauce was incredible. I think I was expecting the food to be spicier, and I am sure you can order it that way, but for my first time, I think this was perfect.

I can't wait to go back and try some more new things. I grabbed the take out menu, I might have to call in an order to go....

No comments: