Friday, October 30, 2009

The Linkery

I have wanted to go to The Linkery in North Park for a long time, I finally got the chance.

It was one of those Friday nights that we were too tired to cook, but too hungry to just drink our dinner....(I've been reading Kerouac). We finally decided to go to Apertivo on 30th. We had been there before for wine and tapas, which was OK. We wanted to give it another chance, but arriving tonight, it was closed up, gone. Another apparent victim of the economic downfall.

Since we already scored a pretty sweet parking spot, we wanted to find an alternate eating place within walking distance. The Linkery was right there.

We chose a couple of select craft beers from their impressive list. I just had to try the delicious homemade semolina bread with local olive oils. We especially enjoyed the mild yet distinct taste of the "Escondido avocado oil", because we like that stuff.

Since we kind of indulged with the bread and oil, we decided to share a BLT sandwich. The sandwich they served was WAY more than just a sandwich. I will never order another BLT without comparing it to this masterpiece. It's obvious that the key to this sandwich is the bacon. Not your ordinary bacon. This is house cured, premium thick sliced savory bacon. And then there was the potato salad. Served on the side, it could easily pass as the main course. This stuff is the bomb.

Another thing I liked about the Linkery is that they include the tip in the bill. I can see how some people might not like that, but I tend to over tip anyway, it's probably better for me. If I could have, I would have tipped our waitress a lot more, she was great.

***1/2
I give them 3 1/2 stars. I liked the vibe, feel, space and decor. Prices were reasonable. We had good service, but I would like to see more variety on the menu.

No comments: